Thursday, March 19, 2009

Which Austen Heroine are You?

I bumped into this adorable quiz on a lovely blog that I (also) bumped into while looking at Tablescape Thursday over at Between Naps on the Porch. Unfortunately in all the clicking back and forth I somehow x'd out that blog, so I apologize for not properly assigning this credit!

This quiz is to find out which Austen heroine you are. As with all quizes, I'm not sure how accurate it is (it's SO difficult to answer questions about yourself!), but it certainly is fun!

If you plan on taking the quiz, you might want to pop over and do it before you finish reading here since I go on to reveal a few of the answers below...



Done? Ready to read on? All right...

My result was:

"You are Marianne Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are impulsive, romantic, impatient, and perhaps a bit too brutally honest. You enjoy romantic poetry and novels, and play the pianoforte beautifully. To boot, your singing voice is captivating. You feel deeply, and love passionately."

Pianoforte, eh? Well, while my hands may have proved too small to ever contemplate a piano, no one can say I never had a talent where singing and instruments were concerned. Impulsive? I don't know. Impatient, surely...!

In reading through all the options (because a girl likes to know what she is NOT as well as what she is, no?) I came across this description, which is so much more appealing:

"You are Elizabeth Bennet of Pride & Prejudice! You are intelligent, witty, and tremendously attractive. You have a good head on your shoulders, and oftentimes find yourself the lone beacon of reason in a sea of ridiculousness. You take great pleasure in many things. You are proficient in nearly all of them, though you will never own it. Lest you seem too perfect, you have a tendency toward prejudgement that serves you very ill indeed."

Now who wouldn't want to be described as "intelligent, witty, and tremendously attractive"?! But as for being the "lone beacon of reason in a sea of ridiculousness", well no... I would much more likely be a founder of the ridiculousness in the first place. I imagine, anyway... it's so hard to see yourself clearly!

So friends and family- what say you? Am I a Marianne Dashwood?
And what about yourselves?
Find out!

No comments: