Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cute Holiday Quiz

Pigtown Design posted this cute holiday quiz yesterday, and encouraged us to do it ourselves, so here I go!

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
I love the idea of eggnog, but can't manage to swallow more than a tablespoon at a time... cocoa on the other hand, add a shot of Bailey's (or Kahlua or Godiva...) and you've got a seasonal favorite!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Unless they are for someone living in the house they get stored under the tree until s/he has a chance to wrap them!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

All white, all the time!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

I used to, but there's no great spot for it in this house- Hubby tends to collide with it in the middle of a doorway!

5. When do you put your decorations up?

I start the day after Thanksgiving and keep going until New Year's Day when I'm told they need to come down!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

The White family's Swedish breakfast bread. Never got the recipe for that, though...

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?

Hanging out in front of a roaring fire in the "fancy" living room, listening to Christmas carols and doing... whatever!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I don't remember ever believing in Santa, actually, just loving the idea of him!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Well, since the family got so spliced up (with divorces and marriages), we're doing the original family thing on Christmas Eve and spouses' families on Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

Differently every year so far!

11. Snow: love it or hate it?

Love to look at it, hate to shovel it!

12. Can you ice skate?

I used to... I imagine I still could... Hubby and I talk about doing it every year, but I haven't been in at least 10 years! Maybe this year...

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

A wooden barn and folding fence for my Breyer's horses. It was all set up under the tree, and even though it was CLEARLY for me, I refused my sister's encouragement to play with it until that had been confirmed by my parents since there was no name tag on it!

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?

The warm fuzzy feeling you get from the twinkling lights, the anticipation of seeing friends and family, and of course the decorating!!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?

Mixed cookies- sugar, shortbread, and gingerbread especially.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Well, they're all changing now, but a new favorite is going with a grumbling Hubby to pick out the tree. This year I set a time record by picking one in under three minutes!

17. What tops your tree?

Sparkly things.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?

Depends on my financial situation. Crafting gifts, while fun, always leaves me feeling like I've cheated the recipient a bit... but when I have money to spend I LOVE the giving part! Receiving is great too, though...

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?

Oh, can't possibly pick just one... I love the entire Cheiftans Bells of Dublin album. As for specific tunes, I love some of the more somber ones like I Wonder as I Wander, Good King Wenceslas, I Saw Three Ships... so many...

20. Candy canes:

Only red and white peppermint ones.

21. Favorite Christmas movie?

A Christmas Carol with George C Scott

22. What do you leave for Santa?

Santa eats her treats before she goes to bed!

No comments: