Friday, November 14, 2008

Good Scents!

And yes, that's meant to be a play on words implying that I found a great, inexpensive fragrance!

I like to attempt to match the scent in my house somewhat to the current season, and I always have a little difficulty this time of year. Most winter fragrances make me or my husband either hungry, or head-achy.
But I am pleased to say that I have found both a candle and a reed diffuser in scents that make my house smell like a wonderful forest, and cost less than $10! (ok, the initial reed diffuser is $13, but stay with me...)
First, Glade's Glistening Snow candle:

I can't find any product images, so you'll have to put up with my bad picture of it.
For about $5 (I got it on sale at Target for $2.50!) this candle fills my house with a wonderful, slightly sweet woodsy fragrance for hours. Justscent.com tells me that it's fresh bayberry with undertones of cinnamon, clove and peppermint.
Though I rarely actually burn it for more than an hour at a time since the essential oils in the candle let off a rather strong aroma that fills the kitchen and living room very quickly.

And then the Chesapeake Bay Oil Diffuser in Winter Pine:

This is a very fresh evergreen smell that I love- it makes my house smell like a fresh Christmas tree!
I purchased this one at Target too, for I think $12.99, but the best part is that you can buy refills for $5! So if you have a pretty bottle that you paid a little more for but like the scents available in these refills (I remember there being Sandlewood, Apple something, and one other in addition to the Winter Pine), instead of paying another $15 for the oil in the fancy bottle, you can just buy the $5 refill and put it in your nice container!


This less expensive line from Chesapeake Bay doesn't show up on the Target website, so you'll have to make a trip to the actual store to get them. They're in the candle aisle.


Time: Months of searching, and a 10 minute trip to Target!

Cost: $17.50! (if you don't count the $30 I spent on other fragrances I didn't like...)

No comments: