Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stairway Gallery

I've seen so many images of really nicely done up stairway galleries in magazines and blogs (Maryam over at My Marrakesh has a great eclectic one!) that I decided to try one for myself!


I have a very small collection up to begin with- one photo of each of my nieces and nephews.


A couple of travel souvenirs- the elephant head is from India and the plate is from Crete.


Photos of both Hubby and myself as kids.


Some mirrors and mother of pearl things for sparkle and shimmer. (The brass and mother of pearl sconce was a Brimfield find, the switch plate is from Anthropologie!)

This cute picture of Hubby's parents ended up on the front door because the pink frame is a little see-through and really needed to be on a white background!


It's a small start, but I'm liking it so far! I'm planning on framing that gold marriage blessing that's on the shelf there and adding that, along with a photo of my Nana and some other souvenirs. Beyond that I'll just see how it grows!

No comments: