Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hair Donation

About a month ago I realized it was time to do something with my hair. But what to do? A trim? A color change? I studied myself in the mirror for awhile and contemplated, flipping my hair this way and that, pulling it back, holding it up, you know, girl stuff... And you know what I discovered?
I have a LOT more grey hair than I thought I did!
So I decided that I should do one final hair donation to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths before I crossed over the 5% maximum grey mark.
So I took my nice long hair:

and an inspiration picture:


down to my salon and had them chop away. Unfortunately my stylist got a little distracted while chopping and forgot which side was the long side, so I ended up with a cute little bob instead of a funky asymmetric do!

Which was probably a good thing, really, because I'm more traditional than funky! And now I look like a Hitchcock character:

(Lil from Marnie), which I think is rarely a bad thing!

If you are interested in donating your hair, check out the requirements for the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program before you go chopping, because it's a very good program with very strict requirements!

As always, thanks to Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting us all at Metamorphosis Monday!

9 comments:

Destination Seaborn said...

Your hair looks so cute! It's nice that you took the extra step to donate it! ~Lisa

Rita said...

Wow~ loved the way it turned out! Makes you look really young.

D said...

I think it's a cute "do". It's scarey cutting your hair, isn't it? :)

D

Greet said...

Dear Meg,
You really look wonderful! I mean it!!

Greet

Valeree said...

Love your new hair!! It's absolutely adorable!! I have a friend at work who chops it off & donates, grows it out, & chops it off and donates again, which I think is so fabulous. I have too many grays & I color, and I'm sad that I never donated, so I tell my friend she has to keep up the cycle so she's donating for both of us :-)
Thanks so much for sharing and spreading the word about such a wonderful cause!

Wendy said...

Thank you for visiting my blog! I think it is great that you donated to such a great cause and your new style is very cute! It looks really good.
Wendy

myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com said...

yay for you!
that cut looks great on you!
gail

Nancy @ La Chambre Rose said...

You look beautiful with both long and short. And, the cause, how generous of you.

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Your hair looks great.. great to donate too. My daughter donate this summer.