Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Decor is up!

And constantly being changed and shifted and updated... but I thought I may as well get some pictures up here now before Christmas has come and gone with me still trying to figure out where I want everything!

So today I will show you the tree:


And here's a shot where you can see it a little better:


I have up the usual assortment of old wood ornaments, new sparkly ones and the bulbs I decorated in college. This year I've also added a peacock element (an homage to the new wall color):

I stuck feathers in all over the tree, and clipped on three of those peacock ornaments (from Target.)

I had to buy a new topper this year because in all the moving my toilet paper-tube angel got crushed beyond repair. Target, Pier One and Home Goods all failed me in my hunt and I was about to break out the glitter and craft paper again when my Mom called to say she'd found me this one:


At KMart! It came with an ugly plastic cone to make it stick up on the top branch of the tree, but I prefer it snuggled down in the branches like this.

In this shot you can also see the ribbons that I personalized (wired ribbon and glitter glue.)

You may also have noticed that I finally did something with that large pile of branches that I evilly forced my husband to harvest with me in sub-zero (Celsius...) temperatures.


Not that you can see it very well in this picture... but I sprayed them lightly with silver and sprinkled them with crystal glitter, and those are tiny red glass bulbs hanging on there. It looks pretty when I light the candles under it.

I also did something with gold spray paint and the other bunch of branches, but that's in the dining room, and you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see that!

No comments: