Saturday, March 13, 2010

First Signs of Spring

It's always so exciting when I first see Spring peeking its green little nose up through the lo-o-o-o-ng freeze of winter!


This doesn't look like a very likely spot for things to grow, what with all the sand and gravel that gets plowed onto it every winter!

But the bulbs seem to love it! If you look closely you can see Crocuses:


Tulips:


And Hyacinth:

I thought it seemed really early for things to be sprouting, but I looked back at when I posted about it last year and it was right around this time. By the first week of April all the Tulips were up!

That makes me so happy! Without a garden to prove me wrong I keep thinking winter goes pretty much straight through to June. And 8 months of winter is just TOO long... 6 months seems so much more.... well, I was going to say reasonable, but that's still kind of too long! Ha!

No comments: